With voting on Measure 101 in progress until January 23rd and the legislative session beginning in early February, there are many opportunities to take action over the next few weeks. This list is long, and I am ordering events in order of occurrence. Please take the time to read through to the end. You may find something further down the list for which you will want to plan ahead.
- January 9th: Web-based, interactive advocacy training with Family Forward (see NOW emails and earlier posts for details)
- January 9th, 7p: Public forum on Measure 101, Wildish Theater, Springfield, sponsored by League of Women Voters
- January 10th, 8a: Legislative hearing on current concepts for Clean Energy Jobs bill
- January 10th, 2p: Legislative hearing on concepts relating to elections and balloting, including proposals to require financial disclosure by Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates and a proposal for a referendum on joining the National Popular Vote Compact
- January 10th, 3p: in person advocacy training with ShelterCare in Eugene; info lower in this page
- January 12th, 5:30p: Ron Wyden Town Hall at LCC
- January 15th, a smorgasbord of Martin Luther King Day activities:
- 9a-noon: Community march sponsored by NAACP. March begins at Autzen Stadium, ends with a community meeting at the Shedd. NOW will table at this event.
- Noon-3p: Yes for Healthcare canvassing in support of Measure 101
- 1p-3:30p: 20th Annual Springfield MLK Celebration and March, 1pm march begins at Justice Center; 1:30p celebration at Springfield HS
- January 17th, 5:30p: Nina Turner (Our Revolution national president) Live at LCC! This event is an opportunity to support Measure 101, particularly with the student population.
- January 20th, 1p: Indivisible Eugene's Women's March for Action. March begins at the Federal Court House and ends downtown. After parties are planned as well. Also a last ditch opportunity to support Measure 101.
Canvassing and phonebank events for Measure 101 are available on a daily basis until January 23rd. Phone banks held Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; canvassing Friday through Sunday plus special MLK Day event.